We are recruiting a client side opportunity to manage the estates and facilities of Potter Space. Due to portfolio requirements the ideal candidate will be home based in Yorkshire with travel to sites.
About the role
Reporting to the Property Director, due to retirement a National role has arisen for an Estate Manager within the team based at the head office at Ripon Business Park. As part of this integral role you will be responsible for; - the company’s Health and Safety, be a line manager for site based teams, property budgets, and procurement, and at all times to provide support/cover to the Property Director and the wider property team in the management of the sites.
Whilst based at Ripon a flexible approach to work is encouraged given the geographical spread of the properties.
· Covering the current commercial portfolio predominantly industrial buildings at
· Potter Space Droitwich, 40 acre site, 18 leases, 292,000 sq ft buildings
· Potter Space Ely, 70 Acre site, 12 leases, 214,000, sq ft buildings
· Potter Space Knowsley, 20 acre site, 3 leases 180,000 sq ft
· Potter Space Selby, 60 acre site, 15 leases 490,000 sq ft
· Potter Space Ripon, 40 acre site, 21 leases 425,000 sq ft
Principle responsibilities will be:-
· Health & Safety- To be responsible for the updating and delivery of the company’s Health & Safety policy contributing towards site, staff, visitors and your own Health and Safety at all times by pro-actively taking action to mitigate risks and or where necessary alerting potential risks or incidents to your line manager or the company’s board.
· Travel – Regular site visitation providing a hands on approach to customers and staff.
· Budgets- To be responsible for service charge budgets on the properties
· Record keeping /reports -To be responsible for managing and maintaining suitable regular operational reports, records and systems relating to the property.
· Team management – Line manager to site- based staff and act as point of contact for customers
· Support and provide cover for essential tasks as specified by your line manager
· Contribute as part of the Rushwood Management services management team and represent the company in a positive manner and be prepared to contribute to corporate objectives.
· Project supervision – Through agreement with the wider development team to assist in the delivery of build projects with appointed contractors /consultants.
· Maintenance tasks- To manage the building and property maintenance tasks on a day to day basis across the site.
· Customer relationship- Maintain and develop positive customer, client and third-party relationships To ensure all customer queries are handled quickly, courteously and professionally
· Emergencies -To ensure that suitable systems and cover are in place for site related emergencies
· Self-development – have a desire to continuously develop your own skills and approach to the role and take a positive approach to assist your colleagues and line manager in all aspects of estate management and professional development.
· Be Flexible in all areas of work and be prepared to adapt tasks and changes to the property portfolio in line with the business needs.
• Budgeting – knowledge on procurement
• Manage purchase orders to ensure that expenditure achieves best value within authorised budgets.
• Measurement of cost-effective value service.
• Be familiar with the use and collection of data management including purchase order process.
• Be responsible for the preparation of the site annual estate charge budgets and monthly management accounts to ensure information is accurate and performance is monitored and on target
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Excellent customer facing skills
• Excellent knowledge on relevant Health & Safety associated with the role.
• A Team player
• Good organisational and communications skills
• IT literate
• Clean driving license and the ability to travel
• Good knowledge of construction, building maintenance and basic contract law
• A qualification/management experience of commercial property would be an advantage
Apply with a recent CV or call Robert Barker on 01765 530 939 for more information.